Saturday, May 5, 2012

Advice for child's curly hair?

My 2 year old daughter has coarse curly hair (but it's thin). It's pretty short but when I comb it out it reaches past her shoulders. How old should a child be before using a chemical relaxer? I dont have any experience with them so I don't want to put chemicals on that could harm her.



She hates headbands, clips, ponytails, etc.



Advice for child's curly hair?

no...not for a two year old. Try a little bit of gel to help weigh it down.



Advice for child's curly hair?

I have the same problem, only very thick. I use a good conditioner (biolage matrix) and comb my hair with a WIDE tooth comb (in the shower with the conditioner in). When I get out of the shower I braid my hair and it helps alot!



Good luck.



Advice for child's curly hair?

NO RELAXERS!! NOOOOOOOO!!!!!



Get a hair dryer with a comb attachment, that will begin the straightening process, just put some light product on her scalp to protect from dryness, and a little on her hair to protect from heat. If it is still unruly, use a straightening iron on very very low heat. Or just use some product in it to keep it curly, pull it back in a loose ponytail for bed. For product, you could use a little olive oil or V05, nothing too strong. Good Luck!



Advice for child's curly hair?

I use hair lotion on my children's hair. You should try it. Just read the ingredients to make sure there is no form of alcohol. Find one that is all natural. That should work.



Advice for child's curly hair?

I believe that you should let her decide when she gets older if SHE doesn't like her curly hair. I don't think it would be wise to chemically straighten a 2 year olds hair. if you want to do something easy and cute but not damage her hair try some baby oil (just a little) and let it flow!! my daughter hair very curly hair until it got longer and then it weighed its self down and looked beautiful!! I would hold off as long as possible for the flat irons and relaxers. That's just my opinion!

No comments:

Post a Comment